Niko Partners, a research firm, has today released their annual review and five-year market forecast of the video game industry in China.
- China’s Online Games Industry sees
21.4% growth-rate in 2011
Niko Partners estimates market size in China as $5.8 billion for 2011.
- The market was $4.8 billion last year.
- 2009 was the first year to see games on social networking sites in China, generating $80 million in revenues by Niko’s estimate.
- By 2010, the amount of revenue generated from these social networking games had reached $500 million.
- Niko Partners forecasts continued growth through 2015.
For additional information on Niko’s 2011 China’s Games Industry Annual Review and Five-Year Forecast Report, including a table of contents, please visit: http://www.nikopartners.com/researchstore.