Pearl Research recently released its Internet Cafes in Asia study. Key points include:
- Revenues from Internet cafes in Asia will rise to more than $19 billion in 2011
- There are now 350,000 Internet cafes across Asia.
- Some of the larger Internet cafes have more than 200 PCs each and generate half a million dollars in sales per year
- Cafes in India and Vietnam tend to have an average of 20 seats
- Home PCs have 82% penetration in South Korea, but have little effect on the popularity of Internet cafes in the country