Pearl Research released a double report focused on the games and digital entertainment markets in Vietnam and India, two fast growing markets. Both markets are driven by rising incomes, increasing PC and Internet penetration rates, and a large population of youth that are actively seeking out entertainment content.
- There are more than 50 online games in the market in Vietnam
- There is growth in f locally-developed titles, aimed specifically at Vietnamese gamers
- There are approximately 22 million Internet users in Vietnam with an Internet penetration rate of 25%
- Top online games in Vietnam can attract 200,000 users
- Internet cafes are where the majority of online games are played
- India’s Internet user base is at 40 million
- The games market can be challenging with infrastructure issues and a nascent gaming culture
- More than 180,000 Internet cafes across India provide access to Internet and digital content.
Pearl Research forecasts the number of gamers in Vietnam and India toreach 25 million by 2014