According to Digital TV Research, one quarter of all TVs will be connected by 2018.
- That’s 759 million TVs connected to the internet around the world by 2018
- By the end of 2013, there will be 307 million connected TVs globally
- The market share growth is increasing rapidly from 5.1% (115 million Tvs) to 12.4% in 2013 and 26.8% in 2018 Connected TVs were at a 5.1% share in 2010 — some 115 million TV sets.
- Games consoles connected to the internet will rise to 176 million by 2018, twice that of 2012
- Smart TVs will be 34% of the 2018 total (259 million) TVs
- The global number of connected TV sets using streaming or set-top boxes was 4 million in 2010
- By 2018, there will be 126 million TVs connecting via streaming or set-top boxes