Digitimes Research has checked with component manufacturers and released estimates on console shipments for 2016:
- Nintendo NX, which will launch in Q2 2016 is expected to ship 10-12 Million units in 2016
- Xbox One is expected to ship 13 Million units in 2016
- PlayStation 4 is expected to ship 18 Million units in 2016
TrendForce Forecasts VR Market Value to Hit US$70 Billion in 2020
- The market for VR hardware is predicted to be $20 Billion in 2020
- The market for VR software is predicted to be $50 Billion in 2020
- The total VR market for software and hardware will be $6.7 billion in 2016
I get asked a lot about what the best format is for a company presentation in the games industry. So, after doing a few hundred of these over the past few years, I’ve pulled together a template that gives studios a recommended outline and order for this.
As part of this, there’s also a template for pitching a game. If you just need a company deck (not for investors – you need financials), just leave off the game pitch section.