Newzoo put out a new report on the U.S. market for games.
- There are 170 Million gamers in the U.S.
- $6.4bn or 31% can be attributed to retail sales of new boxed games
- 4% of the total market consists of sales of pre-owned games
- $13.3 Billion (65%) is generated digitally through gaming on consoles, PCs, smartphones and tablets.
- 60% of U.S. gamers spend money on games
- The average monthly spend per U.S. gamer is $16.46
- There are 104 million paying gamers in the US across all market segments