Jon Peddie Research (JPR), announced new info on PC Add-in Board (AIB) shipments during Q1’2013.
- Total AIB shipments totaled 14.8 million units
- Nvidia continues to hold a dominant market share position at 64%; in Q1’13, AMD gained 1.4% in AIB market share
- A little over 32 million desktop PCs shipped worldwide in the quarter, a decrease of 13.7%.
JPR publishes a series of reports on the PC Gaming Hardware Market, which covers system and accessories, and looks at 31 countries. More information can be found here: http://www.jonpeddie.com/publications/pc_gaming_hardware_market_report/.
Jon Peddie Research released new research on the PC Gaming segment. Here are some of the highlights:
- There are 54 million Performance and Enthusiast class PC gamers worldwide – Enthusiast and Performance class PC gamers are defined as those who spend over $1,000 on equipment.
- JPR forecasts PC gamers to reach 72 million by 2015
- The PC gaming hardware market was $23.6 Billion in 2012
- The market for PC gaming hardware will reach $32 billion by 2015
- JPR has found very strong demand in BRIC countries for systems, accessories, and upgrades approaching $4.7 billion in 2012 and growing to $7.7 billion by 2015