The iPhone Multiplayer Community OpenFeint today announced that they have:
- 8,000 developers using OpenFeint
- 25 Million community members
- Since November 2009, the community has grown 5X and continues to increase in size.
Here’s a chart of their growth:
DFC Intelligence today announced the release of a series of new reports with comprehensive forecasts on the video game and interactive entertainment industry. These new forecasts provide an overview of the global game industry for console, PC, portable and online video games.
- Worldwide revenue for the video game industry is expected to grow from $60.4 billion in 2009 to $70.1 billion in 2015
- Online game revenue for the PC is expected to exceed $20 billion in 2015
- Console online game revenue is expected to nearly quadruple from 2009 to 2015
- DFC forecasts that following a fairly significant decline in 2009, the overall market will actually continue to experience a downturn over the next few years, with most of the predicted growth occurring in the 2013 to 2015 timeframe
- Most of this decline is due to a slowdown in the current console systems from Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony
- While PC and online platforms are experiencing substantial growth, the growth in those markets is not expected to be enough to compensate for the slowdown in console platforms