SuperDataResearch put out some recent numbers about the digital collectible card game market. Here’s the data:
The audience and revenue numbers are:
- 53 Million Monthly Active Users (MAU) playing collectible card games ($4.1 Billion in revenue)
- $2.8 Billion of the revenue is for physical card games (68.3 percent) and $1.3 Billion is related to digital collectible card games (31.7 percent)
- 18 Million MAU playing collectible card games in the U.S. (1.4 Billion in revenue)
- 2.5 Million MAU in Germany ($237 Million in revenue)
- 2.3 Million MAU in the U.K. ($180 Million in revenue)
- 2 Million in France ($158 Million in revenue
- 1.8 Million in Russia ($55 Million in revenue)
- 1.6 Million in Italy ($166 Million in revenue)
- 1.6 Million in Spain ($154 Million in revenue)
- 900 Thousand in Poland ($39 Million in revenue)
NOTE: Collectible card games are huge in Japan, however SuperData Research didn’t include any info for the country.
Here are a couple of other bits:
- 12 Percent of digital collectible card game players convert to paying users in the U.S.
- Average revenue per paying player in the U.S. is $27, again for digital collectible card games