According to an article by Digi-Capital, the market for AR and VR investment over the past year was $3.6 Billion.
- Four companies raised a combined $2.065 Billion of that $3.6 Billion
- Magic Leap raised $963 Million
- Improbable raised $502 Million
- Niantic raised $200 Million
- Unity 3D Raised $400 Million
The also also stated that there will be 900 Million AR-enabled mobile devices by the end of 2018
Digi-Capital put out some numbers on recent investments and M&A Activity in the mobile games space.
- 2013 investment in games has reached $876 Million through the third quarter
- 2010 investment in games was $2 Billion
- Average deal size in 2013 is $6.6 Million
- 80 Percent of the top 10 deals have been executed by Chinese, Japanese or Korean companies
- There have been 132 investments tracked in 2013
- Average M&A deal size for games companies is $45.8 Million in 2013