Flurry released new data that gives insight into the demographics of smartphones and tablets, as well as how people spend their time on the devices.
- Smartphone users tend to be younger than tablet users, 30 years of age versus 34 years of age
- Almost 75 percent of smartphone users are 34 years of age or younger
- More than 66 percent of tablet users are over the age of 25
- Smartphones break down 56 percent male and 44 percent female
- Tablets split by gender are 51 percent male and 49 percent female
- 67 percent of time spent on tablets is attributed to playing games
- 39 percent of time spent on smartphones is attributed to playing games