DFC Intelligence predicts 2016 game software sales to reach $79 billion. This is 8% higher than 2015.
- Video Game Software Sales will be $98 billion in 2020
- The market is seeing a CAGR of more than 5 percent
- The PC Game Market in Asia, North America and Europe will grow to $40 billion by 2020
- The PC Game Market in Asia, North America and Europe was $30 billion in 2015
SuperData released a new report on the US digital games market. Here are the interesting points:
- There are 287 Million Mobile Active Gamers in the U.S.
- $1.2 Billion in U.S. digital game sales for December 2014
- 11% Year over on year growth in December 2014, compared to December 2013
- 17% Growth in mobile digital revenues
- 10% Increase in console digital sales
- 10% Decrease in social game revenues
- Average spend on PS4 was $11.09, down from $20 in November 2014
- Average spend on Xbox One was $6.88, down from $21 in November 2014
- Average spend on Steam was $2.35, down from $8 in November 2014
According to Digital TV Research, one quarter of all TVs will be connected by 2018.
- That’s 759 million TVs connected to the internet around the world by 2018
- By the end of 2013, there will be 307 million connected TVs globally
- The market share growth is increasing rapidly from 5.1% (115 million Tvs) to 12.4% in 2013 and 26.8% in 2018 Connected TVs were at a 5.1% share in 2010 — some 115 million TV sets.
- Games consoles connected to the internet will rise to 176 million by 2018, twice that of 2012
- Smart TVs will be 34% of the 2018 total (259 million) TVs
- The global number of connected TV sets using streaming or set-top boxes was 4 million in 2010
- By 2018, there will be 126 million TVs connecting via streaming or set-top boxes
I just uploaded a presentation I’ve given in different flavors over the past few years on launching MMO games. Here it is:
According to an interview with Eurogamer, Turbine’s revenue estimates for 2011 suggest that the PC MMO market will be worth $2 billion
The company expects the Console MMO market to be relatively untapped in 2011 and estimate it to be worth $2.3 billion in revenue.