Electronic House is citing GigaOm as a source stating that there will be 46 Million 3D televisions shipped in 2013.
While this isn’t mainstream acceptance of the platform, it is still significant, especially when establishing a consumer base for 3D games.
PricewaterhouseCoopers came out with updated estimates on the size of the retail
game market according to IndustryGamers.
- The video game softwarew industry in the U.S. and Canada will reach $21.6 billion in sales by 2013 (5.8% CAGR)
- 2009 estimate is $17.2 billion in North America
- By 2013,, games will be three times larger than the recorded music industry
- In-game advertising is expected to see some growth of 13% annually reaching $1.4 billion in 2013
- The worldwide video game market is estimated at $73.5 billion by 2013 (7.4% CAGR)